X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Twilight Kin Tips and Tricks 2012 Army List

Just thought I'd make this thread for TK players to share strategies and combo's.

Here's my contribution:

Buccaneer Horde + Jar of Four Winds:
    30 Range 24" shots for just 315 - 340pts ? Bargain.
    Great bait unit as your opponent can't leave them undisrupted.
    Also if your opponents stupid enough to get flanked/reared by them, make sure you have a few vials at hand to collect there tears.

Unless you're playing a very large game, 340 points is a large investment for just an annoyance.

I'd suggest putting the Jar of Four Winds on a Crossbowmen horde, as they are a lot less points and would work well in the same function.
    'Every one on this earth should believe, amid whatever madness or moral failure, that his life and temperament have some object on the earth. Every one on the earth should believe that he has something to give to the world which cannot otherwise be given.'
    ~G.K. Chesterton

Comment

Crossbowmen horde is 305 ( 320 with Banner and musician ) so Buccaneers ( 340 with Banner, Musican and Jar of Four Winds ) for 20 more points you can have 10 more attacks.
      Although somewhat cumbersome a Buccaneer horde is certainly not purely a annoyance, it's a flexible formation than can hold it's ground reasonably well.
      Last edited by Mordyn; 23-10-2012, 02:05 PM.

Comment

I've used the Jar on a buccaneer troop and it seemed alright. 15 shots gives you slightly more damage output than crossbows with either Heart Seeker's Chant or the +1 Ra item unless it's against a De 6+ unit (when the Chant becomes marginally superior), and the fact they keep those extra attacks in melee means they can be supplied as a decent auxilliary melee option as well.

Crossbows with the Jar would be a different function I think as you'd be using them to shoot enemy units that were trying to stay out of your range, which means war machines really (or standing outside the range of dwarf rifles etc firing at them).
        Rick

Like the idea of a very Roman-esque Kingdom of Men? Why not check out The Principate of Romulus!

I painted 500 miniatures in 2013. How many can I paint in 2014? Find out here!

2014 tracker: Painted 206 / Bought 22

Listen to Riquende, he makes lots of sense .

Comment

A mounted High Priestess is a reasonably efficient War machine killer & the same price as a Troop of XBowmen, or the more expensive Wings of Honeymaze Assasin is good if well placed.
          Horde wise for Crossbowmen I'd probably lean more towards the Brew of Keen-Eyeness as it gives marginally more flexibility than piercing 1.
          Any suggestions for Magic Items for Priestess's ? none seem to immediately leap out.

Comment

I didn't say it was a good use of them...

Originally posted by Mordyn View Post
            Any suggestions for Magic Items for Priestess's ? none seem to immediately leap out.
            My best 3 options would be:
            • Talisman of Inspiration allows a Priestess to hang around your battle line providing supporting fire and bolstering Nerve.
            • Blessing of the Gods works on Zap, to help output more damage
            • Boots of Levitation allow her to move 14" and still cast (18" mounted)

There are some generic ones that work well for anyone (like Ensorcelled Armour), but I think these 3 work well for better defining the priestess' role (magical support, damage dealer or mobile caster)

Of thoese I think the Boots of Levitation are my favourite, especially mounted. Her effective threat range ends up being 42"!
            Rick

Like the idea of a very Roman-esque Kingdom of Men? Why not check out The Principate of Romulus!

I painted 500 miniatures in 2013. How many can I paint in 2014? Find out here!

2014 tracker: Painted 206 / Bought 22

Listen to Riquende, he makes lots of sense .

Comment

Definitely liking the Boots idea, gives her Breath attack a lot more effective range too. Nice call.

Anyone used the Lord on Dragon ? Worth the points ?
              Last edited by Mordyn; 24-10-2012, 09:28 AM.

Comment

I've used the lord on Dragon in a few of my games, I use a GW Dark elf dragon for the model so it's a very big target and my opponent spent a lot of man power trying to take it down, it didn't quite get its points back, but it sure did cause a huge amount of havoc and delaying as it swooped around the flank and into the rears. but consider it very VERY dead if the enemy has a lot of arty. It might survive shooting a bit more if you give it that magic artefact that gives it the Hidden special rule.

Comment

Working...
                X