X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chicago Dreadball Tournament March 16th

Hello Chicago Area Dreadball Players (or anyone else who wants to attend)!

Shintaibane and I will be the hosts. We have space for up to 12 players (if there is more interest, I can get additional tables to play on). Please reply to this thread if you are planning on attending.

Dreadball Tournament

March 16th, 2013 at Games Plus
    101 West Prospect Avenue Mount Prospect, IL 60056
    Cost: $10

Rules / Team Building
    Unless otherwise noted all rules from the Season 1 rulebook & Living FAQ (http://quirkworthy.com/2012/11/03/living-faq-dreadball/ ) will be in effect
    Players will use one of the 4 teams from the season 1 rulebook for their starting roster.
    Teams do not need to be painted but must be on a base with the front arc clearly defined
    Players must be numbered.
    Each player will start the tournament with 8MC, which can be spent starting at the end of round 1
    All games will run for 60 minutes.
    Player with the lower standing can choose to be home or visiting team. If scores are tied, D6 roll off with highest dice choosing to be home or visiting
    At the end of each round, players will total up experience, roll to increase player stats and determine MC from game
    A player can either spend their MC on coaching dice, skills, stat upgrade, reviving players, buying more players, cards and/or MVP’s. If a player chooses to bid on an MVP and does not win, they cannot spend the MC until the end of the following round.
    MVP bidding will be a blind second price auction (so winning bid 1 MC higher then 2nd highest bid). Coaches can only bid on MVP’s featured in season 1 rulebook. Coaches wishing to bid on MVP, will submit the maximum price they are willing to pay (and must be over the base cost of the player) secretly. The team with the winning bid will receive the MVP for the round and have credits deducted from their account.
    Get me the Trainee’s – at anytime in the tournament if a team is unable to field more then 4 players, the coach can opt to give up all player experience and MC accumulated and use the starting roster they had in round 1.
    Underdog rules will not be in effect

What to Bring
    Friends! Dreadball coaches! Siblings! Newbies! Let’s continue to expand this community!
    2 copies of your roster: One for you and one for Tournament Organizer.
    Dreadball Boards, rulebooks, ref and ball.

Schedule
    10:00 – 10:30 Registration
    10:30 – 11:30 Game 1
    11:45 – 12:45 Game 2
    12:45 – 1:30 Lunch
    1:30 – 2:30 Game 3
    3:45 – 4:45 Game 4
    5 – 6 Game 5
    6:15 Awards
    First round random pairings, then Swiss pairings after that.

Tournament Scoring
    Win by 7 points – 10 points
    Win by 4 points – 7 points
    Win by anything else – 5 points
    Tie – 3 points
    Loss – 1 point
    +1 pts for each 3 or 4 strike per game
    +1 pts for each kill per game
    +1 pts for good sportsmanship per game
    +10 pts if your team is fully painted
    +5 pts if you team is partially painted
    (Full/Partial Painting determined by the Tournament Organizer)

Awards
    Champion (Highest total points)
    2nd Place (2nd Highest total points)
    3rd Place (3rd Highest total points)
    Best Painter (coaches will vote)
    Top Striker (team with the most 3 or 4 point strikes)
    Top Guard (team with the most kills)
    Back to the Minors (Lowest total points)

Who's In:
    1) msgellar
    2) Shintaibane
    3) Joe F
    4) WarLokk
    5) Bill S
    6) Parper88
    7) Miguel
    8) Fabio
    9) elchepo
    10) Tom P
    11)
    12)
    Last edited by msgellar; 15-03-2013, 06:29 PM.

Count me in
    Bored & Sorcery: My Blog on All Things Gaming

Comment

One quick note for people coming to play. In addition to have the front arc clearly marked please make sure that your figures/players are numbered.

Thanks and looking forward to seeing some players on March 16th!

Comment

I'll play this. Is there a best painted award?

Comment

Shintaibane, good catch. Will add to the rules.

Some Scrub, good idea. Will add.

Comment

Thanks for the invite! I might be bringing 2 other guys with me from Fort Wayne. I have a question about numbering my players. How do we need them number? In the past, I have put the number of the player at bottom of the base. So I would have to lift the player to see the number.

Comment

For numbering, ideally we would like the players numbered so you can see them above the base. You could put a piece of masking tape on the top of the base with a number, paint number on the players or use transfers.

Comment

Unable to make this tournament, but live in Evanston and interested in future matches or tournaments. Have fun, sounds great! If I make Adepticon, then maybe I'll see some of you there.

Re player numbering, Mantic sells decal sheets and each sheet has enough decals for four teams.

Comment

hey there is it to late to join the tournament if not I would love to come! I will be carpooling with parpar88 and will bring some one else if you guys have the room!

Comment

As far as MVP's go, do we need to bring our own or are there going to be a set for Tournament use (based on which MVPs are available each round)?
                    Bored & Sorcery: My Blog on All Things Gaming

Comment

Originally posted by WarLokk View Post
                      As far as MVP's go, do we need to bring our own or are there going to be a set for Tournament use (based on which MVPs are available each round)?
                      I had the same question. What about Buzzcut? There is no model for him but he is in the season 1 book. Now Wildcard has a model but is only in the FAQ.

Comment

There are still openings, a few people are tentative but I'm expecting between 10 - 12. If a few extra people show up there will be room if they want to play.

If you want to run a MVP and don't have the model you free to proxy. Please make sure it's easy for your opponent to tell what that model is.

Comment

Originally posted by elchepo0 View Post
                          hey there is it to late to join the tournament if not I would love to come! I will be carpooling with parpar88 and will bring some one else if you guys have the room!
                          It's not too late. Hope to you can make it and there is room for your buddy.

Comment

My official count is 4 coaches. Me (Adam), elchepo (Jr), his brother Miguel and Fabio. See you all Saturday!

Comment

Hey. I was super excited about this event, but it looks like I won't be able to make it. Sorry about that.

Comment

Working...
                              X